This is first time I have seen this correlation:This is why the famous painting of “The Last Supper” pictures the 12 followers of the Sun in four groups (of 3) … the seasons!
It would be well to get a Bible Concordance and look to see how many times the number 12 is used in the entire Bible. The following are but a few examples:
1. The 12 Months of the Year 6. The 12 Great Patriarchs
2. The 12 Apostles of the Sun 7. The 12 (O.T.) Prophets
3. The 12 Tribes of Israel 8. The 12 Kings of Israel
4. The 12 Brothers of Joseph 9. The 12 Princes of Israel
5. The 12 Judges of Israel 10. God’s Sun in Temple at 12
All these examples and countless more derived directly from the ancient world’s fascination with the 12 Signs of the Zodiac.
"Houses" of the Heavenly Zodiac
The astronomers of Babylon divided the sky into twelve “houses.” They assumed each sign of the zodiac extended its influence through a fixed “slice” of the sky, which they thought of as a house. The Sun, the great god of the day, had his house in Leo, where he ruled at the height of his splendor; the Moon ruled in Cancer, at the right hand of the Sun. The planets, or wandering stars, circled and returned when they completed one of their journeys about the sky. The other planets were given two houses, one for day and one for night. And since the zodiac divided the sky into twelve equal parts, each of these houses was also equal, comprising 30°, one-twelfth of the 360° circle.
31. As noted before, the year was divided into 12 equal parts, or months. And to each month was appointed a heavenly symbol or astrological “SIGN.” Each of the 12 monthly signs were called …
"HOUSES" OF THE HEAVENLY ZODIAC. The HOUSES / SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC were as follows:
1) Aries (THE RAM or LAMB of God)
2) Taurus (THE BULL/ GOLDEN CALF or SACRED COW of India)
3) Gemini (THE TWINS / Cain-Abel, Jacob-Esau, Jesus-Satan, etc.)
4) Cancer (THE CRAB)
5) Leo (THE LION / of the tribe of Judah — Rev 5:5)
6) Virgo (THE VIRGIN / spring birth of God’s Sun)
7) Libra (THE SCALES / Third of the “4 Horsemen” of Rev. 6)
8) Scorpio (THE SCORPION / The back-biting traitor = Judas)
9) Sagittarius (THE ARCHER / The first of the “4 Horsemen” Rev. 6)
10) Capricorn (THE SEA-GOAT)
11) Aquarius (MAN WITH THE WATER PITCHER / Luke 22:10)
12) Pisces (THE TWO FISH / Matthew 14:17 & 19) ( Freedom from mental slavery )